Once you talk to Naveen, you can instantly feel that he is very passionate about yoga. To him, yoga is a science.... is a lifestyle.... is a philosophy. Most importantly, yoga is an inevitable part of his life.
It is destiny which turned Naveen to be a yoga teacher. “I used to study Maths & Arts, and I wrote poems. Until one day in 2000, my father took me to a free yoga camp and it completely changed my life,” said Naveen. Since then, Naveen decided to pursue yoga as his profession.
In the year 2000, Naveen entered the Yoga University of Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusamthana Samsthana, Bangalore in India. Six years later, he graduated with a master degree in yogic science. During the six years of yogic studies, Naveen taught a vast diversity of people including mentally challenged children and inmates.
Speaking of his experience of teaching inmates, Naveen emphasized the effective therapeutic purpose of yoga. “I chanted, meditated and did a lot of relaxing postures with the inmates. I can see that they become happier and calmer after practicing yoga. Yoga helps transform sentient being to yogic being; from yogic being to divine being. Some of the inmates even initiated to teach yoga for their fellow inmates after I left,” said Naveen with a sense of satisfaction.
After years of teaching in Delhi, Jaipur and Bangalore, Naveen decided to teach yoga in Hong Kong. “Hong Kong is a challenging place to teach yoga. People here generally have a hectic life, some of them even have to squeeze their lunch hour to practice yoga and therefore, yoga masters have to teach as much as we can within a short period of time", said Naveen.
When asked about his plans, Naveen said he would like to promote the spiritual aspect of yoga. “Yoga is more than a form of physical exercise, it is a way of life, it is a complete science in itself, and meditation is also an important form of yoga practice,” Naveen explained.
With his magnetic voice, Naveen always unconsciously brings you to a peaceful state of mind. He is committed to provide a holistic and unique yoga experience to his students.
- Extensive yoga teaching experience in Hong Kong and India.
- Worked as a Yoga Therapist in Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusamthan Samsthan (Yoga University), Bangalore, India.
- Worked as a chief Yoga Therapist in NMP medical research center, Jaipur, India.
- Taught Yoga to mentally challenged children for 6 months in Gurugaon, India.
- Taught Yoga to prisoners in jail for 6 months in Jaipur, India.
- Organized Yoga camps for children, women and various disorders.
- Organized workshops and talks on various topics of yoga.
- Master Degree in Yogic Science from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusamthan Samsthan (Yoga University), Bangalore, India
- Certified Yoga Therapist from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusamthan Samsthan (Yoga University), Bangalore, India
- Certified Yoga Instructor from Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusamthan Samsthan (Yoga University), Bangalore, India
- Certified in sujok and acupressure from Jaipur, India